The Southwest Wrap is light and fresh for a sizzling summer fiesta. Black beans deliver protein and anthocyanins, leaving plenty of room to pile on the fresh garden veggies. At around $2/serving, it’s not only tasty and healthy, it’s economical, too!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 large bell pepper chopped
- 4 8-in. 100% whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 cups black beans
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- Optional seasonings: paprika, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, cilantro
- Coat frying pan with olive oil and cook onions over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add corn and optional seasonings and cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup shredded cheese on a tortilla and warm in microwave for 10-12 seconds.
- Top tortilla with ¼ cup mixed greens, ¼ cup black beans, ¼ cup tomatoes, 1-2 slices avocado, and sautéed vegetables.
- Fold over sides of tortilla to complete the wrap.